Mid-Year Book Freakout!

Mid-Year Book Freakout

Mid-Year Book Freakout hosted by Chami & Eli at A Book So Fathomless, so I decided to take part in it. I hope you enjoy reading about the books I read this year!

1. Best book you've read so far in 2014.
Huh. The first question and already this hard! I'm actually torn between two books as I loved them both A LOT, but I'd be fair and choose just one. So, the best book I read in 2014 so far would be Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen. I picked this book because it features a theme a never read about before so it was kinda refreshing. I loved the characters, I loved the romance, I loved the story, I loved everything!

2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2014.
This is actually one of my very recent reads. The best sequel I read is Endless Knight by Kresley Cole, a 2nd book in The Arcana Chronicles.

3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.
I still really want to read Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira. I wanted to read the book since I first saw it, but never actually got around to read it.

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
It'll be This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner, a 2nd book in Starbound trilogy. It's ridiculous how much I want to read this book!

5. Biggest disappointment.
Another really hard question! I think that will be Biggest Flirts by Jennifer Echols. Everyone is talking about Jennifer's books all the time, and when I decide to finally read one, it's a flop. I was really excited to read that one, and it was just a huge disappointment for me.

6. Biggest surprise.
I think it will be Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman. I expected I would like it, but I was surprised with how much I actually liked it!

7. Favorite new author. (Debut or new to you)
It's Cara Lynn Shultz. She's not exactly a debut author, but she's a new author to me. I read The Dark World recently and I loved the writing in it!

8. Newest fictional crush.
Hmmm.... No doubt, it's Death from Endless Knight by Kresley Cole! Yes, again that book! But seriously guys, if you still haven't started The Arcana Chronicles, you definitely should!

9. Newest favorite character.
Isla from Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins! Should I explain this one?

10. Book that made you cry.
Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman. Some parts of the book were really sad, and I was a sobbing mess.

11. Book that made you happy.
Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stepahine Perkins. I was happy for days after I read it!

12. Favorite book to film adaptation you saw this year.
Divergent?! Yes, please!

13. Favorite review you've written this year.
Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman, again! I'm not sure if that was my best review, but it definitely is my favorite.

14. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received)
Alienated by Melissa Landers. I'm in love with that cover!

15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
Well, I have a lot of review books left to read, but here are some that I'm really excited to read: Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley, Forbidden by Kimberley Griffiths Little, No Place to Fall by Jaye Robin Brown and Even in Paradise by Chelsey Philpot.

About Unknown

Hi. I'm Anatea, a 23-year-old Croatian girl, living in Germany. I enjoy reading books, traveling, fashion and photography. Let me show you my world.
    Blogger Comment

4 komentari:

  1. I loved Stolen songird, it is one of my 2014 favorites too..and I am glad you loved Isla.. I have to read Prisoner of night and fog and Endless knight, they seem awesome and The Posion princess was oke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just have to read Prisoner of Night and Fog Lea, I'm sure you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Letters To The Dead is on the top my wish list! But just like you I just haven't gotten around to it! Looks like a fun post!

    Lisa
    www.turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope we both get to read them soon! x

    ReplyDelete