Review: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
by Taherah Mafi

Publication Date:
November 15th 2011
Publisher: HarperCollins


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide



From Goodreads:
Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war– and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.


My Review:
I've finaly got around to reading this book! I'm both glad I've waited this long and angry at myself I didn't give it a try sooner. You're probably wondering why is that. I'm angry because this book was amazing, and all the negative publicity it's getting isn't fair at all. Well, but I'm also glad I didn't read it sooner because the wait of more than a year for a sequel would kill me, and now I ONLY have to wait about two months.

As soon as I started reading this book, I fell in love with Taherah's writing. It is so beautiful and unique. I enjoyed very much reading from Juliette's perspective.

I loved Juliette. She is a very strong leading character. She had a curse gift and when she touched someone her touch would kill them. Warner wanted to use her as his own person for torture, but I like how she sticked for what she believed in and didn't want to give in. She fought back and stayed strong.
Adam was soo sweet. I love him! He's very protective of Juliette even though we don't understand why is that until later in the book. He's her savior, the one who always looked out for her.
And then, there's Warner. He's a villain, psycho and obssesed with Juliette. I don't think I like him a lot, but still I think he's the most interesting character in the book. I can't wait to read Destroy Me to find out more about Warner.

Overall, this book was amazing! I can't put into words how much I need Unravel me! I definitely recommand everyone to read this book, but here's a little advice, wait until Unravel Me is out, because the wait for sequel will kill you.


My Rating:

About Unknown

Hi. I'm Anatea, a 23-year-old Croatian girl, living in Germany. I enjoy reading books, traveling, fashion and photography. Let me show you my world.
    Blogger Comment

2 komentari:

  1. Shatter Me is one of the top books on my wishlist! I've also heard a few bad things about it, but I still can't wait to finally read it myself and see what my thoughts are! Awesome review!

    Lisa
    @turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete