Review: The Iron King by Julie Kagawa


The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)
by Julie Kagawa

Publishing Date:
February 1st 2010
Publisher: Harlequin Teen

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery




From Goodreads:
Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.

Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.


My Review:
I honestly don't know why it took me so long to finaly pick up this series when I have heard so much good things about it. But, I'm glad I finaly did. The Iron King left me speechles. The story is amazing. Even though I'm not really a fan of fey books, I loved this one. I finaly get it why people say Julie Kagawa is an amazing writer. I'm oficially hooked!

The world of Nevernever is beyond magical. I haven't encountered a world this beautiful and magical since Narnia. I loved all the descriptions of it and the creatures that live in Nevernever. The mix of something that old and magical with the tehnology is something I find very refreshing and interesting.

Meghan Chase is a great protagonist. I was amazed with how much she was willing to do to save her little brother and other people she cared about. Even after her whole world turned upside down, she kept her head and her priorities straight. She found out that she is a princess, daugther of Summer Court king, Oberon, but all she wanted was to save her brother.
Ash is a prince, Winter prince no less, a sworn enemy of Summer Court and Meghan. But yet, he agrees to help Meghan even though he could get what he wanted much faster. There is someting to him that makes me like him so much. It's probably his I'm-a-bad-boy-attitude but still, there is much more to him and I can't wait to read the next book to know more about thim. As you can assume, I'm Team Ash all the way.
Than there is Puck or Robin Goodfellow if you like. He's a prankster, Meghan's best friend and a person who was always there for her, until she entered the world of Nevernever, when he just keeps dissapering. He likes Meghan, even though she doesn't see him in that way. I whish there wasn't this whole love triangle because he is just perfect for the role of a best buddy, no romance feelings involved.

To sum it up, I LOVED The Iron King and would reccomand it to everyone. Even if you're not a fan of fairies, give this book a try, and I promise it won't dissapoint you. I can't wait to read the next instalment in The Iron Fey series, and I think it's safe to say that you can expect another review very soon.


My Rating:




About Unknown

Hi. I'm Anatea, a 23-year-old Croatian girl, living in Germany. I enjoy reading books, traveling, fashion and photography. Let me show you my world.
    Blogger Comment

6 komentari:

  1. Yaya I'm happy you like this! First and third are my fave but I like forth as well. I can't wait to see what you say about the second one.

    Tanja @ Ja Ĩitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can't wait to read it! I'm just waiting on Zemira until she's ready. We're supposed to read the whole series together.

      Delete
  2. Ah, the World of NeverNever? What a fabulous, beautiful name for a place! Great review. May have to look into this...

    Best,
    Danielle
    http://thereaderscommute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. You should definitely look into this!

      Delete
  3. The Iron Fey series is one of my all time favorites so it's awesome to hear that you liked this! If you thought the Iron king was something wait till you read the Iron Daughter :D
    Great Review!

    Kaina @ These Flying Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard that series only gets better! I can't wait to read Iron Daughter!

      Delete