Review: The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski

The Edge of Never
The Edge of Never
by J.A. Redmerski

Publishing Date:
November 15th 2012







From Goodreads:
Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett had always been one to think out-of-the-box, who knew she wanted something more in life than following the same repetitive patterns and growing old with the same repetitive life story. And she thought that her life was going in the right direction until everything fell apart.

Determined not to dwell on the negative and push forward, Camryn is set to move in with her best friend and plans to start a new job. But after an unexpected night at the hottest club in downtown North Carolina, she makes the ultimate decision to leave the only life she’s ever known, far behind.

With a purse, a cell phone and a small bag with a few necessities, Camryn, with absolutely no direction or purpose boards a Greyhound bus alone and sets out to find herself. What she finds is a guy named Andrew Parrish, someone not so very different from her and who harbors his own dark secrets. But Camryn swore never to let down her walls again. And she vowed never to fall in love.

But with Andrew, Camryn finds herself doing a lot of things she never thought she’d do. He shows her what it’s really like to live out-of-the-box and to give in to her deepest, darkest desires. On their sporadic road-trip he becomes the center of her exciting and daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But will Andrew’s dark secret push them inseparably together, or tear them completely apart?


Due to sexual content and language, this book is recommended for 17+ – Adult Contemporary Women’s – New Adult Fiction


My Review:
I know there are a lot of 5 stars and 4 stars reviews, but I don't think the book is that great. Don't get me wrong, I did like the book and for the most part, I enjoyed it, but I decided to give it 3 stars mostly because of the ending. It felt rushed and I think a lot of things were left unsaid. A lot of important things I wanted to know. Also the beginning felt a little bit slow, even borring, and than around 50% of the book, there was a 180° turn into the direction of awesome! I giggled and blushed so hard at some stuff they said or did, it was pretty amazing. It was like that almost till the end, but the last 7-8% just felt rushed. I felt like there was a big part still missing and it kinda ruined it.

Camryn was a sweet blond girl, you'd say she was a goody-goody, but that's not how she felt. She was breaking inside. She was lost and she had to get away from the place where she lived. On that trip she met Andrew, and that's when her whole world changed.

Andrew is your typical hot-tattoed-guy-with-big-mouth-turns-into-a-sweet-and-caring-boy. But I still liked him. I mean how can you not like boys like him??

I loved the relationship between them. It wasn't some kind of insta-love. Thank god for that. They talked, spent a lot of time together and the feelings came with time. I loved it!

If you're a fan of new adult novels, you'll probably like this book. There's just one more thig I have to include in this review. It can't go without this picture! It's just how I pictured them!




My Rating:


About Unknown

Hi. I'm Anatea, a 23-year-old Croatian girl, living in Germany. I enjoy reading books, traveling, fashion and photography. Let me show you my world.
    Blogger Comment

2 komentari:

  1. First off the cover looks amazing, and the characters sound awesome as well! Its too bad you didn't get as much enjoyment as others out of it, but that's completely understandable; I feel that way with many books which people can't stop talking about!

    Lisa
    @turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete