Waiting on Wednesday #38

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



I just love the sound of this one, and I hope it will be as amazing as it sounds!

The Jewel by Amy Ewing The Jewel by Amy Ewing
Expected publication:
September 2nd 2014 by HarperTeen

The Book Depository

The Jewel means wealth. The Jewel means beauty. The Jewel means royalty. But for girls like Violet, the Jewel means servitude. Not just any kind of servitude. Violet, born and raised in the Marsh, has been trained as a surrogate for the royalty––because in the Jewel the only thing more important than opulence is offspring.

Purchased at the surrogacy auction by the Duchess of the Lake and greeted with a slap to the face, Violet (now known only as #197) quickly learns of the brutal truths that lie beneath the Jewel’s glittering facade: the cruelty, backstabbing, and hidden violence that have become the royal way of life.

Violet must accept the ugly realities of her existence . . . and try to stay alive. But then a forbidden romance erupts between Violet and a handsome gentleman hired as a companion to the Duchess’s petulant niece. Though his presence makes life in the Jewel a bit brighter, the consequences of their illicit relationship will cost them both more than they bargained for.

What's your pick for this week? Leave me a link, and I'll be sure to stop by and check it out!


Follow on Bloglovin

About Unknown

Hi. I'm Anatea, a 23-year-old Croatian girl, living in Germany. I enjoy reading books, traveling, fashion and photography. Let me show you my world.
    Blogger Comment

5 komentari:

  1. OH! I cannot wait to read this book as well! I really hope they upload it to Edelweiss because it sounds AMAZING! And of course, the cover is gorgeous :D

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally getting a The Selection vibe, especially with the cover, but it's so preeeeeeeeeeety. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good read! Here's my wow:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2014/04/waiting-on-wednesday-4914.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man this cover is so awesome! It reminds me of the Winner's Curse book too like it could be its sequel! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with this one! I can't wait, I'm just hoping it's as good as it looks!

    ReplyDelete