Review ~ Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins


Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)
by Stephanie Perkins

Publishing date:
August 14th 2014
Publisher: Dutton
339 pages

Goodreads | The Book Depository | Amazon

Love ignites in the City That Never Sleeps, but can it last?

From the glittering streets of Manhattan to the moonlit rooftops of Paris, falling in love is easy for hopeless dreamer Isla and introspective artist Josh. But as they begin their senior year in France, Isla and Josh are quickly forced to confront the heartbreaking reality that happily-ever-afters aren’t always forever.

Their romantic journey is skillfully intertwined with those of beloved couples Anna and Étienne and Lola and Cricket, whose paths are destined to collide in a sweeping finale certain to please fans old and new.

I just realized that I've never actually reviewed Anna and Lola. Since I didn't review the first two books, I wasn't going to review this one either, but then I thought about it, and decided that it's not up for discussion. I DO have to review Isla to make up for not reviewing the previous two books and telling everyone about the most amazing books ever (okay, most amazing books ever after Harry Potter). If there is still a person who hasn't read Anna and Lola, I suggest you not to waste time on reading my review, but go and pick up yourself a copy of Anna and the French Kiss and read the awesomeness! Than you can come back and thank me later for making you read these books!

Stephanie Perkins is a very special author for me. She's one of the very few whose books I can read whenever I don't feel like reading and they'd make me feel better. When I'm reading one of her books I just get that happily ever after feeling. Everything feels better. Her characters, her adorable stories, everything just makes you happy.

Isla and the Happily Ever After is a little bit different than Anna and Lola. While in the first two books we had to wait until the end for them to figure out their feelings and kiss, Isla and Josh are pretty straight forward. They admit their feelings pretty fast, and from there, we get to read about the most adorable relationship ever.

Until . . . the insecurities come in. Isla is insecure about many things. She's not sure what does she want of her future, and when she has to spend some time apart from Josh, she starts doubting him and their relationship. This wasn't my favorite part of the book, but it made to book seem more realistic. We get the feeling that they're an actual couple, and not some imaginary couple made up in heaven. But speaking of favorite moments, there was a LOT of them, but if I have to pick one, it's when Anna & St.Clair and Lola & Cricket made an appearance in the book. I was sooo happy to see them again and to get some kind of closure in the end.

We have the cutest couple, the most romantic city in the world, amazingly adorkable story, and probably one of the best authors - which means, yes, I'd recommend this book!

About Unknown

Hi. I'm Anatea, a 23-year-old Croatian girl, living in Germany. I enjoy reading books, traveling, fashion and photography. Let me show you my world.
    Blogger Comment

15 komentari:

  1. Totally agree with the happy feelings!! Wow can Stephanie Perkins write!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you loved it, such an adorable book. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I loved Anna (wasn't AS crazy about Lola), and I was really hoping that Isla would live up to it. Can't wait to read this one!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always a black sheep! So yes this one was interesting to me, but did I love it as much as Lola or even Anna? No. Simply Isla was too unsure and honestly I couldn't understand her making life decisions based on his. I mean she loves him and everything, but it's your life. Gosh I'm too harsh on kids nowadays. Anyhow I'm so happy you loved this one. Amazing review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're so different when it comes to this series. Lola was my least favorite. I don't know, if she wasn't so sure of her future, she did end up choosing the college she wanted, he just suggested it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only read Anna and the French Kiss, and really enjoyed it. I don't really know why I haven't continued the trilogy... But you seem to really enjoy them! Even when you're not in the mood for reading?! They must be AWESOME!


    Lisa
    www.turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, you just reminded me that I never reviewed Anna or Lola either! Anna is still my favorite in this series, but I really liked Isla too. She was very very cute. And I'm a little in love with Josh ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. your review made me want to check out about the first book. i think this series is worth a try for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you continue the series. Both Isla and Lola are great! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I may actually re-read them, and then review them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, it definitely is. You should check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have only ever heard positive things about these books! I haven't read them myself, but I know I really should go and pick them up! Thanks for sharing <3

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/09/the-legacy-blog-tour-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes! Go! Pick them up! Read them! x

    ReplyDelete