Review ~ Rebel by Amy Tintera

Rebel by Amy Tintera
Rebel (Reboot, #2) by Amy Tintera

Publishing date:
May 13th 2014
Publisher: HarperTeen
352 pages

Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository

The sequel to the action-packed Reboot is a can't-miss thrill ride, perfect for fans of James Patterson, Veronica Roth, and Marie Lu.

After coming back from death as Reboots and being trained by HARC as soldiers, Wren and Callum have finally escaped north, where they hope to find a life of freedom. But when they arrive at the Reboot Reservation, it isn't what they expected. Under the rule of a bloodthirsty leader, Micah, the Reboots are about to wage an all-out war on the humans. Although Wren's instincts are telling her to set off into the wilderness on their own and leave the battle far behind, Callum is unwilling to let his human family be murdered. When Micah commits the ultimate betrayal, the choice is made for them. But Micah has also made a fatal mistake . . . he's underestimated Wren and Callum.

The explosive finale to the Reboot duology is full of riveting action and steamy love scenes as Wren and Callum become rebels against their own kind.

Not long ago, I read Reboot, a book I really liked a lot. Since then, I was impatiently waiting for Rebel to come out. And it finaly did! I am happy to say that I liked this one even more then the previous one. It's that great, okay?

Rebel starts off just where Reboot ended. Wren and Callum, along with the rest of the Austin reboots they freed, arrive at the reboot camp, lead by Micah. After fighting off the HARC, they are trying to learn how to live with their new freedom and trying to figure out what to do next. In one thing they are sure though, and that is not following Micah's lead and helping him achieve his goals. But how are they going to free the rest of the reboots and what to do with humans and HARC people?

If you think there were many exciting fighting scenes in Reboot, just you wait until you read Rebel! It is action packed from start to finish. The first book, gave us most things we needed to know about the reboot world, but there are some things we learned about reboots in the sequel too.

Rebel is amazing because of many things, but one thing that meant the most to me is character growth. While in Reboot everything was about creating the world and the plot, characters were the part that was neglected. There wasn't as much character development as I would have liked to see, but Rebel evens it all out. Tintera, while still managing to maintain my level of excitement with fast pace and really interesting plot, dedicated a lot of time in developing her characters. It isn't a question anymore if Wren does have feelings or not, but we see how she struggles with her feelings, with her humanity, with what's wrong and what's right. We see the inner battle that she has with herself and we see the outcome that it brings. Callum had one thing that he was proud of: even though he was a reboot, he never killed anyone. But that was taken from him when he killed that man in Reboot. In Rebel we see how he learns to live with guilt, how he learns not to always rely on Wren and how he learns to take things into his hands and be a leader. The romance between our two main characters was strong before, but it just gets stronger with this book. I really like how good the two are together and how they balance each other out.

The only thing I do not like in Rebel is that it is the last book in duology. Yes, duology. I know I usually don't like when series have to many books in it, and normally I would be perfectly happy if there were only two books, as I get bored when the series drag on, but with Reboot: I WANT MORE! I NEED MORE!


About Unknown

Hi. I'm Anatea, a 23-year-old Croatian girl, living in Germany. I enjoy reading books, traveling, fashion and photography. Let me show you my world.
    Blogger Comment

0 komentari:

Post a Comment