Review: Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Cursed
by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Publishing date:
September 18th 2012
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press






From Goodreads:
Dying sucks-- and high school senior Ember McWilliams knows firsthand. After a fatal car accident, her gifted little sister brought her back. Now anything Ember touches dies. And that, well, really blows.

Ember operates on a no-touch policy with all living things--including boys. When Hayden Cromwell shows up, quoting Oscar Wilde and claiming her curse is a gift, she thinks he's a crazed cutie. But when he tells her he can help control it, she's more than interested. There's just one catch: Ember has to trust Hayden's adopted father, a man she's sure has sinister reasons for collecting children whose abilities even weird her out.

However, she's willing to do anything to hold her sister's hand again. And hell, she'd also like to be able to kiss Hayden. Who wouldn't? But when Ember learns the accident that turned her into a freak may not have been an accident at all, she's not sure who to trust. Someone wanted her dead, and the closer she gets to the truth, the closer she is to losing not only her heart, but her life. For real this time.


My Review:
When I started reading this book, I honestly expect much more of it. It was still a pretty good read just not the JLA we're used on. I heard it wasn't good as Lux or Covenant series, but I still hoped it would be as good.

After the accident, Ember died, but her little sister brought her back to life. But she wasn't normal anymore. Her touch could kill any living thing. She had a lot of problems to deal with. Her friends abandoned her and started looking at har as a freak. Her mother was in her own world and her father died in the accident. She had too look after her little sister and raise her.
I think Ember is a very strong female character. We can see her strength throught whole book. She delt with situations in which I would probably loose my mind.

And there's Hayden. Like in all JLA's books, he's very much swoon-worthy. There's no doubt about it. He's also very sweet and caring. He's the boy you'd whish was at your side.

I loved his relationship with Ember. Even they couldn't touch, there was a few very delicious scenes. Heads down for that.

Even though I liked the book, I felt something was missing. I like it is a stand-alone, and I hope she wouldn't make it a series.



My rating:

About Unknown

Hi. I'm Anatea, a 23-year-old Croatian girl, living in Germany. I enjoy reading books, traveling, fashion and photography. Let me show you my world.
    Blogger Comment

0 komentari:

Post a Comment